Although I've just launched the blog, I've been tinkering on v1 for a week or two now so I thought I'd rundown where I'm at and the tech I'm using.
I'm not primarily a back-end developer though I get stuck in when required so I wanted to try and get jumpstart with a boilerplate project so I didn't have to faff around with authentication etc. I settled on using a project called Hackathon Starter which had lots of useful stuff already there.
It uses a MongoDB database which I'm familiar with so happy days.
As I type the API is set up to let users login, signup, authenticate with FreeAgent and fetch data that will populate my early prototype dashboard.
The main application is currently just the early prototype which will hook into the backend and show data but needs the auth done manually in the console just now. So that's where the first tasks need to be done - get a flow set up to allow users to sign up, login and authenticate.